The local community is benefited by the Institution by the means of students’ involvement in social Work practicum in slum areas of Chandrapur, Health zones, NGOs, Evaluation of Govt. Programs.
The local community has benefited immensely through the extension and outreach activities in the form of :
- The college NSS unit had organized Village camp on cleanliness and hygiene at Wadala Tukum, Taluka Bhadravati, District Chandrapur in collaboration with Zilla Parishad, Chandrapur
- The college NSS unit had organized State Level Camp of Rashtriya Yuva Sangathan
- Various services such as Blood donation through NSS unit.
- Through social work practicum in Nagar parishad’s Primary School. Problems of absenteeism, dropout, dull in studies etc. are handled by the students by the means of social work methods. The students co-ordinate the relationship between problematic students, their parents and school administration.
- The BSW-II students have to mandatorily follow the following programmes:
Through social work practicum in General hospital and nagar parishad’s health centre.Through National Health Control Programme such as National Leprosy Programme, National T. B. control programme, pulse polio vaccination, Family planning programme, mother and child care services, hygiene and sanitation etc. the students get to ascertain the practical knowledge of community.
- Through social work practicum the students of BSW-III and MSW-I are placed in close & open community (Slum Areas) of Chandrapur to identify their problems. Students extend co-ordination with the Local bodies to solve their own problems by their own efforts. In the same way the students strengthen the women’s self help group.
- Capacity building and empowering intervention in urban, slum communities and rural communities.
- Contributions of expertise to wide variety of training programmes.
- Focus on the needs of the vulnerable groups etc
- The Institution runs the National Program for Rehabilitation of persons with disabled in Chandrapur district (NPRPD)
- The institute runs awareness program of the ‘Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act 2005’ In Jiwati and Korpana Taluka of Chandrapur District
- A Survey of Karmaveer Dadasaheb Gaikwad Sablikaran and Swabhiman Yojna was conducted in Yavatmal
- The college conducted cycle- rally around 34 villages in Chandrapur district to create awareness among the farmers regarding self-pride and respect in the session 2007-08